Where are the Resolutions?

Marsaili Morin, Features Editor

New year, new me, right? The question that most people are asking is: “Why make a resolution at the beginning of a new year, when you can make a plan for yourself at any time?”

Resolution Ideas: If you can’t think of a resolution, these are some of the most common ones.

In a separate article, we asked the question, ‘What is your New Year resolution?’, and there was an abundant number of answers that ended with, ‘I don’t have a resolution,’. There isn’t much of a mystery to why people gave this response, some people think that it’s pointless. “I think they’re stupid; you should dedicate yourself to being good all year,” Melloy Nelson (12) said. Hopefully people will continue to better themselves throughout the year, but who actually sticks with the resolution after January and February?

Many holidays can get this stigma, like Thanksgiving. People say you have to be thankful on this day, but why not be thankful for what you have every day? Though many people enjoy the holidays for the family, friends, gifts and new beginnings; it shouldn’t just be an excuse to change how you think or react. “I think it should be a lifelong resolution,” Lane Middendorf (12) said.

“I didn’t have any this year,” Isla Hall (11) said, is a common answer for many students and faculty, or you can make it more creative like Eric Hofstedt (yoga teacher) said, “My New Year’s resolution is to really get involved in this activity, that’s supposed to be really physically healthy, called yoga.” Whether you choose to make a New Year’s resolution or not, make sure that you’re being true to yourself and set goals to better yourself no matter what day it is.