We Asked Students and Staff the Ultimate “Would You Rather?” Questions

Back to Article
Back to Article

Simone Westerlund, Op/Ed Editor

The Rising Tide staff researched the ultimate “Would You Rather?” questions to ask our students, staff, and teachers. Here are their responses. 

As well as seeing what others answered, you can also answer them yourself.

1.Would you rather be colorblind or lose your taste?

Grace Hughes (12):” Colorblind because I like food and it’s nummy.”

Ms. Ladner, administrative assistant: “I would rather be colorblind, since I already am.”

Mr. Cushman, athletics director: “I would rather be colorblind, because I love chocolate and ice cream.”

Would you rather be colorblind or lose your taste?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

2. Would you rather know the date of your death or the cause of your death:

Bella Rutledge (12): “I would rather know the date of my death. because then I can live life to the fullest until then.”

Tehzeeb Arif (11): “I would rather know the date because I can start planning things.”

Marissa Douglas (11): “The cause, because the countdown to death is really depressing. If you know the cause, you could prepare for that too. Like if it was a long painful illness.”

Ben Rosbach (12): “Honestly, probably the date. ‘Cause I mean like we’re all gonna go someday so if I knew I could make the most of it.”

Would you rather know the date of your death or cause of your death?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

3. Would you rather be the judge who decides who gets executed or be able to flip the switch to execute?

Grace Vander-Griend (12): Be the judge, so that I could give my best attempt at judging if the person is guilty.

Mr. Maden, science teacher: I would be the judge, undoubtedly. Because I get paid more.

Mr. Toney, science teacher: I would rather flip the switch, since you’re actively participating and it’s a cerebral experience.

Would you rather be the judge who decides who gets executed or be able to flip the switch to execute?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

4. Would you rather always have the urge to pee or never know when you have to pee?

Josie Dew (12): I feel like I hold my pee in for a long time anyways, so I would want to always have the urge.

Ms. Lever, intervention specialist: I would rather never know, I would just set a timer.

Kali Martin (12): Always have the urge, because I could overcome i would just pee my pants and that would be kind of weird.

Would you rather always have the urge to pee or never know when you have to pee?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

5. Would you rather save 3 of your closest family members from dying of 1000 people you don’t know?

Rylie Nupcharoen (12): “Definitely save my closest family members. I don’t really care about other people, it’s not gonna affect me, I’d feel bad but…”

Elvis Muyer (11): “Three closest family members ‘cause I know them.”

Ms. Lever, intervention specialist: “That’s a horrible question. Do I have to answer that?”

Mr. Ghirardini, Spanish teacher: “I would save my family. I think it’s just our human response to do that.”

Would you rather save 3 of your closest family members from dying of 1000 people you don’t know?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

6. Would you rather be able to detect any lie you hear or get away with any lie you tell? 

Annie Frost (12): “…detect every lie, then I would be like “you snake.” Well, actually, people lie so much that might be too much. I actually would rather get away with lying every time, I wouldn’t need it  all the time.”

Alaina Burrows (12): “Get away with any lie I would tell, since I could get away with white lies, and that sort of thing.”

Wyatt Rothenbuhler (12): “Ooh so I would take advantage of every lie I tell, so I would rather detect any lie I hear.”

Would you rather detect any lie you hear or get away with any lie you tell?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...